Saturday, January 23, 2010

All Star Voting

Everyone with a fully functioning brain and a basic understanding of the NBA and basketball understands that AI should not be in the Allstar game. (My friend points out that the average NBA fan is, well, an idiot and to be honest the AI/T-Mac voting frenzy seems to be supporting his point). And to the credit of the NBA some people are coming out and speaking out. Jeff Van Gundy (who else) during his national telecast this week said that the Allstar game should be run like the Probowl, chosen by the players and coaches. (This is why I love JVG more than any other announcer, he will say what is on his mind, whether you agree or not, it's refreshing. I have never heard another announcer call out a ref and simply say, "that was a bad call" on a nationally televised game.)

But when Ray Allen came out and made a point about the flaw in the Allstar voting system, I was a little hesitant. I mean, shouldn't this message come from someone who, maybe, you know, got voted in? Or got a significant amount of votes. I mean, no offense Mr. Shuttlesworth, but you made the Allstar game last year as the second alternate. (I like to imagine the concept of the second alternate in the dating world, I mean that's pretty harsh. I think it would be great in a crappy romantic comedy. But it's also kind of sad, cause its probably happened at some point. You know I am right.)


EDIT

I wanted to comment more on that last tangent. Think about it, some girl has an event that she needs a date for, and her two dreamy guys cancel because of absolutely absurd circumstances, and she has to take some dorky guy who is head over heals for her who she treats like crap. Flash forward to then end of the movie where she finds out that she is the second backup for some dreamy guy who she is crazy about. Cue the big epiphany moment and proceed to happy ending. Call Josh Hartnett and Hayden Panettiere and lets film this bad boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil. Disagreements, opinions and alternate viewpoints are fine and encouraged; personal attacks and flaming are not.