Saturday, January 23, 2010

If you stop hating...

You can realize that refs can be the funniest people on the court. My favorite line from a local men's summer league ref when a guard failed to put a body on the 6 foot 6 guy less than a foot behind him, "It's not a crime to be taller." The guy just looked at him with disbelief. Best part was he didn't say anything cause it wasn't the pro's where you can get away with, well, almost anything.

Best pro line I got was from the only time I sat courtside. After the far side ref made another ridiculous call the ref right in front of me looked at us and said, "Another great call" as he rolled his eyes. Makes sense, if the refs of the NBA make a team, you got rookies and vets, Kobe's and Adam Morrison's. But after I read some of the Donaghy quotes, I wonder if that analogy is completely wrong and anytime you get all the refs in one room its a bigger bitch fest than the old men pickup at the local gym. For those of you don't know what I am referring to, it's the OLD guys who bitch the most about calls. You would think that for guys with such experience, and better yet, such little time left, they would spend their time playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil. Disagreements, opinions and alternate viewpoints are fine and encouraged; personal attacks and flaming are not.