I was talking with my friend Big D and we started rifting on the Cavs and how all the talk that is coming out right now is how great the locker room is, that the chemistry is there, and that Shaq and LeBron are huge jokesters.
Here is the problem I have with this; I hate it, from any team in any sport, when the talk of great chemistry is self promoted. I don't take it seriously when I hear it, and to be honest it really just bugs me. I kind of find it tacky for a lack of better words. If others are talking about how great your team gets along that is another thing.
Part of this problem, however, lies with reporters constantly asking how the teams chemistry like it's the only English phrase they know. How about some real questions? I love the in game interviews that happen in today's nationally televised games, they are just so bad. My favorite is Popovich who looks at the reporters with sheer spite and gives as many one word answers as he can. (It doesn't help when Craig Smith is dressed to give epileptic seizures to anyone who looks directly at him.) I don't thinks Pops is an ass as much as it is that he has a really low tolerance for stupidity.
What I do care about is if a team can rally, pull it together and PERFORM when the going gets tough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be civil. Disagreements, opinions and alternate viewpoints are fine and encouraged; personal attacks and flaming are not.